Project 4 - Canons!
Josquin des Prez - Ave Maria (Virgo serena) - La Chapelle Royale
- Continued use of Noteflight music notation software
- Utilization of the copy/paste function within Noteflight
- Compose a "Canon" or "Round" for two of the same instrument or voice
- Listen to baroque music and understand the terms Canon and Fugue
- How is Josquin’s music organized in relation to the Motet that we listened to in Project 3?
- How many voices (or voice parts do you hear)? Hint: Listen to the entrances.
- How do you think the architecture of the churches influence this compositional technique?
- Composer: Your First and Last Name
- Sharing: “Site Members Can View and Make Comments on this Score”
- 17 Measures Long
- Starts and Ends on the note D using the notes: D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D, E, F#
- Two Instruments
- First instrument begins and the second instrument echos the first by one measure
- Use the Copy and Paste function
- Use a rest at the end of measures 4, 8 & 12 (in Part 1)
- Avoids clashes between notes in each voice
- Utilizes at least four dynamic (volume) changes
Example of a 2 Part Canon
Project 4 Rubric
Project 4 - Hall of Fame